Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

Scouting at Greenridge

Mike and I did some walking and shooting up at Greenridge. Never did make it to fish as the 15 mile put and take area started the following day! We saw some good areas for turkey with lots of sign and broke about every nock and point in the 6 arrows I brought including the carbons. Killed about 3 cans, 2 bottles, and 100 stumps. We never did see any morels (too early) even in my secret spot. No deer spooked either but we were making a lot of noise. We did see our token turkey from the truck driving out of the woods just like last year.
Sat I fixed all my arrows but 1 that broke too short. I also fixed up that Stevens single shot and it is ready for action again. The front stock screws pulled out shooting clays last month. Took pics of the big woodpecker in my feeder.
We lost our Old Fat Bald Guys (OFBG) championship hockey game last night. I had a checking penalty, a goal, and an assist, but we still lost. The complimentary beer and roy rogers chicken after the game was good though. Very tired today. I just realized I will be turning 39 in December….YIKES!

No comments:

Post a Comment