Search This Blog

Monday, December 17, 2012

Yup....still waiting!

Still waiting on the baby. Over a week late now. I briefly got a chance to get out to the woods Saturday afternoon under the guise of collecting some pine branches and cones for Christmas decoration. The woods was nice and the sun made it feel like April rather than December.
Is eased through the woods and saw no other orange clad hunters for the second ML season. I think they are all gone for the year and things can get back to normal. I crept up on a few squirrels and launched an arrow at one about 30 yards away and came darn close for that range.
I got my branches with my trusty K-Bar, which proved easier for the task than the hawk I carried, and quickly left for home….expecting something to happen at any time. Nothing did. Seems patience is important for other things in addition to hunting. Sold the jeep to the landowner that afternoon also! I hope her son likes it and secures us continued hunting privileges.
I also had a chance to whittle some on my hickory selfbow I had been working on for a couple years now. I only work on it when the humidity gets lower in the winter.Made me pick up my older selfbow and I was hitting well with it…..hmmmmmm. I may have to try for one of those backyard feeder does with this and the homemade arrow I have. Another quest still unfulfilled ;-) My hideously bright squirrel arrows are coming along also. They will be too ugly to lose I think. another coat of poly and I will be ready to fletch.

No comments:

Post a Comment