Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

A Little Scouting

I filled up my homemade water hole and let it rest for a week or so.


I then put a camera on it for a week to see if anything was drinking.  Not much action around it as it has been very wet recently.  I only got a night pic of a curious raccoon and a daytime pic of a curious fawn.




The goal is still to provide water for a thirsty rutting buck during the chase.


A little pre-season scouting had be stumping with my Schulz Tembo.  I came up on 3 bucks in velvet feeding.  This time of year the thick eastern vegetation works both ways and I was able to spot them before they saw me.  I stalked to within 15 yards using a large poplar as cover.  How come these encounters are so much rarer when the season is in? I had this nice 6 point dead to rights until he finally saw me snapping pictures with the cell phone.



No comments:

Post a Comment