Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Chris's New Years weekend bow hunt

Didn’t get out Saturday or Monday but Tom did. He took this BB on Saturday morning. Actually I went out late on Saturday morning and worked my way toward the back of the bowl, paused for a morning stop near the top of the bowl and thought I heard a shot and some crashing. I worked to the back of the bowl but had a coughing fit and decided it was not doing me any good being there so I packed up and left. Think the crashing I heard was the Button Buck that avoided me and walked down into Tom. He had kicked up a large group as he was walking in that morning, estimated 10. Hit this one through the neck and it went up the hill and dropped. He was back to my house by 1000 am and had the deer on ice by 11:00am. Of course he looked like some bizarre urban hill billie with that puppy strapped on the back hood of a Honda accord….. Think I’m finally kicking this flu/cold, maybe will get out later this week with Dave for some Duck/Goose. Couldn’t get out Monday either but think I’m on the mend now other than the ears. Have to get them looked at on Thursday – from the muzzleloader malfunction.

No comments:

Post a Comment