Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2013

Postpartum hunt

I managed to leave the wife and infant for a few hours to hunt with Brent Saturday morning. It was the last day of fire arms season so my plan was to stick close to the houses where the other gun hunters would not be. I woke up to a wind that was absolutely howling. We were both fearful as we got to our respective hunting areas of widow maker limbs coming down on us. It was hairy! Were we sane? “Can’t get them from the couch”. In any event, by around 9am the winds died completely and gave way to sunshine. Unfortunately it did not help the hunting much, neither of us saw a thing. I did quite a bit of walking once the sun came out, but never cut a fresh track. There were lots of yote tracks and I was able to scout out a couple funnel areas that were caused by recent deadfall. Looking at the volume of tracks in an area can be quite telling in the snow.
I though taking Garrett’s new Ron LaClair knife out might bring some luck but the best luck was getting out and the clearing weather. Thanks for the knife Mike! The sunrise made a cool picture with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment