Search This Blog

Monday, January 14, 2013

Quick squirrel hunt

I was able to break free Saturday afternoon for a quick hunt with my good friend Mike. My plan was to get out there early for deer, but my newborn son had other ideas. After a challenging night I was able to hit the woods after 2pm and primarily target squirrel. I with my Hill and Mike with his RWS pellet rifle.
The weather was quite mild and warm and the squirrels were not very active to our surprise. We did manage to corner a grey up in the top of a large tree. I lost one of my brightly colored squirrel arrows to the crotch of the tree nearly missing a head shot. Another arrow sailed a couple hundred yards down the hill but my flo green and pink arrows were just too ugly to lose. and I found it later. Finally Mike managed to hit the squirrel at the very top of the tree and we had one for the pot.
Now we will just have to get a few more some other time! Chasing them is always a fun endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment