Search This Blog

Friday, January 25, 2013

The Deer Mock Me!

I came home from work last night and backed into my parking spot by the garage. On the hill beside me was a nice adult doe at 15 yards just browsing acorns from under the snow and leaves. I sat there idling the truck and watching her with the small binos I keep in the console. Then as she moved off I saw a small 6 point behind her….then a little bigger 8……then a really nice 8 point! I was astonished as yet a 4th really big buck, only sporting the left side, brought up the rear. I saw flashes behind me as Angela had seen them from inside the house and was now in the garage door taking photos. They all went by my back door and the doe actually drank from my birdbath. So many nice bucks at bow range this late in the season and me without my bow and sitting in my vehicle. Such is the way things work.

No comments:

Post a Comment