Search This Blog

Monday, November 14, 2011

111111 "The picket fence" hunt

I went out Friday am in the wind up on the top hill where Brent had that nice 6 point sneak up behind him.  When I rounded the field corner in the dark, what little dark there was on an almost full moon, I pushed a deer from its bed.  I heard its hoof falls making a deep thump, thump, so I am betting it was a big buck.  I sat on stand swaying in the wind and freezing my butt off, but saw no deer or yotes.  I did see another hunter come up into the woods from the field edge with an xbow on his back.   When I went back to leave there were no other vehicles in the parking area so I suspect he might have been a trasspasser.  Looked older and to have had a white beard.

The woods was open now and most of the leaves are down.
111111002.jpg

Temps were about 20 degrees with the wind chill!  Tough day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment