Search This Blog

Monday, November 28, 2011

Black Friday Bowhunt 112511

Black Friday bowhunt 112511

I watched the sun come up from the branches of the large oak in the field strapped into the sneaky sak.  I finally got the hang of that thing and I was fairly comfortable (no car keys in my pocket). 
I spotted two deer moving across the lower field toward my direction at sunup. 
 
They came up behind my tree and I saw it was that same 5 point I have been seeing.  He was bothering a very small yearling doe.  He never got close enough for me to even try to turn around in the tree…..I just watched him go up the hill over my shoulder. 
It started to get very warm (60s) so I got down and walked around a little around 10am.  I saw that lazy xbow hunter again driving his truck out of the lower woods road.   Thanks so much for driving through the area I am hunting because you are too fat and lazy to walk to your stand Mr. Considerate!

I had to go home at noon in order to get ready to travel for the Weekend.  This was the last hunt before the regular firearms season.  I hope there are some deer left to hunt next week when I get to go again.

I put some limb skins (diamond back rattler) on my recurve limbs to cover up some of those stress lines on the back…..looks great on the black bow!

No comments:

Post a Comment