Search This Blog

Monday, November 5, 2012

The first weekend in November

Mike and I hunted R farm all day. We had no shots. I did not even see a deer until right at dark when one was coming toward Mike’s tree. All I could make out was white antler as he passed a trail. He never got a shot. In the morning I was skunked also. Had two shots at a nice fat fox squirrel but my second arrow hit the tree between his front leg and head. That moved him away in a hurry. Mike ended up having a yearling doe run by him as 18 yards at full bore. He said it had “the look of panic on it’s face”….but no shot and nothing trailering her. Then while he was messing and calling to a group or turkey, a fork came by and nearly gave him a shot. The deer advanced in bow range but decided to stop and turn back giving Mike nothing but frontal shots. I was all set up on the major (middle) trail for the evening when the landowner came by and decided to clear the down trees with a chainsaw and dump a load of brush in the gully. They (husband and wife) came right under me and finally saw me. We had a nice chat and they agreed to “dump this load and leave me in peace.” Well they left about 25 minutes later after touching and throwing every stick out of the trail. Let’s just say I did not have too much confidence in my spot after that. Tree I missed the squirrel on:
My "company" in the evening:

No comments:

Post a Comment