Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Urban Half Day

I went home at lunch to accept a furniture delivery for the nursery, and the thought of that big 8 point out there at 4:30pm on Saturday was too much. I decided to not go back to work and go directly to the tree. I was in my backyard right above the scrape about 12 yards back and 15 feet high. It felt like I was in the open too much. I put a frozen tarsal gland I had in the freezer from a buck in the scrape and got situated.
I watched the wife pull the car out and leave. Then about 15 minutes later I see a little 6 moving very cautiously behind me. He stops for a moment and looks like he does the pee-pee dance. I need to go back there and look to see if there is another scrape back behind. Then he eventually passed by very slowly and cautiously. He never saw or smelled me, so I am guessing he is just tired of getting his butt kicked by larger bucks. I saw the three turkey run across my yard, but no other action.
Mike was texting me pictures left and right of the bucks he was seeing at his “Jack’s place” urban property. He definitely had a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment